Thursday 5 July 2012

Japanese Geisha Advertising.


My Next Pieces Of Work Was About Looking At The Combination Of Japanese Culture With Fashion. This Was My Graphics Project So I Focused On Fashion Promotion And The Advertisement Of Japanese Fashion But In A Modern Contemporary Style. I Decided To Look At 'Geisha Style' And How This Could Be Shown In The Style Pieces Of My Chosen Designer. These First Images Were My First Digital Experiments With My Photography Of My Two Geisha Girls. In These Quick Experiments, I Focused On Colour And Japanese Floral Patterns Over My Images. These Quick Experiments Made Me More Aware That I Wanted To Combine Manual And Digital Techniques Together In My Next Pieces Of Work That I Would Create For My Advertisements.










I Worked Manually In The Darkroom With My Images As I Have Really Enjoyed The Darkroom Technique In The Past And Developing My Own Images. I Wanted To Create Exciting Images By Splashing The Developer Onto My Images And Spraying It So That It Revealed The Images In An Expressive Way. Once I Had Experimented Digitally, I Then Scanned These Pieces Of Work But Also Combining This With Digital Manipulations On Photoshop. I Feel That These Next Pieces Of Work Were Really Sucsessful As I Really Like The Illustrative Effect.




My Project Focused On The Advertisement Of The Collaboration Of A Designer And A High Street Brand. I Decided To Look At The Collaboration Of Versace And H&M. I Looked At Creating Advertisement Pieces Such As Posters, A Gift Bag, Flyers And A Canvas Bag. I Really Enjoyed This Project Because I Was Able To Be More Creative With My Ideas Of Promotional Graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment